Help Ebola survivors in Guinea
UPDATE - We support The national volunteer association for the fight against EBOLA and tropical diseases in Guinea
Due to the dramatic EBOLA outbreak in Guinea in 2014 and fatal consequences for entire families on a psychosocial as well as economic level, Children for Children VZW decided to give its support to these families by strengthening a national association in Guinea which aims on intervening before and during an EBOLA outbreak.
The national volunteer association for the fight against EBOLA and tropical diseases in Guinea (Association Nationale des Volontaires pour la lutte contre EBOLA et les Maladies Tropicales en République de Guinée ‘’ANVE-MTG’’) was created in March 2014.
- Association Nationale des Volontaires Pour la lutte Contre EBOLA et les maladies Tropicales en République de Guinée
- Siège Social Quartier Lambanyi Commune de Ratoma
ANVE-MTG is mainly composed out of members of the “Quartier Lambany” (Conakry/Ratoma district) and has as objective to give health assistance to the Guinean State. The members can be deployed and intervene anywhere on the national territory of the Republic of Guinea in case of an epidemics outbreak.
Children for Children VZW is supporting the association by raising funds (Charity events) and giving advice regarding two activities:
- Hygiene Promotion Campaigns
- Fight against stigmatization by capacity building of Ebola survivors
Our aim is to give support through:
- In-kind/monetary donations
- Teaching capacity building skills
- Professional advice
By empowering the survivors of Ebola we will contribute in the future to:
- help to prevent new Ebola outbreaks through knowledge
- empower the survivors so that they can give support to the sick
- Fight stigmatization Ebola survivors suffer from
Follow us through 2015 and help us to contribute to win the fight against Ebola by supporting survivors of the epidemic.